An extensive market research report titled Microspheres: Technologies and Global Markets was recently published by BCC Research marketing firm. The microspheres report examines the spherical microparticles used as components in many advanced materials and composites, in the healthcare and personal care industries, and in many specialty research and development applications. The report estimates the size of the microsphere industry worldwide and makes predictions on a 5-year compound annual growth rate of the microsphere market.
The global market for microspheres in 2010 is estimated to be $2 billion and growing at a 5?year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 11.6%, reaching global sales of $3.5 billion by 2015.
The use of microspheres in medical technology is a relatively new and evolving industry that will see an estimated compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 24.5% over the next 5 years. This sector is valued at $481 million in 2010 and is expected to reach $1.4 billion by 2015.
BCC?s analysis suggests that microspheres will see significantly increased demand in the life?sciences markets, which include medicine and biotechnology. The life sciences sector is worth an estimated $203 million in 2010 and is expected to increase at a 9.3% compound annual growth rate (CAGR) to reach $317 million in 2015.
- Describes demand for microspheres in six major industries: composites; paints and coatings; oil and gas; cosmetics and personal care; biotechnology and life sciences; and medicine and medical devices.
- Analyses the demand for 2009 and 2010 and forecasts sales over the next 5 years by industry, type of microspheres, and geographic location.
- Describes different types of microspheres with respect to their chemical composition, including glass, ceramic, and polymer microspheres, and unique material properties that make them suitable for specific industries and applications.
- Provides detailed descriptions of major players in the market and their product portfolios.
- Identifies areas of the market that are expected to experience the highest growth in demand.
- Discusses the history and structure of the industry, technologies, and factors influencing pricing, supply and demand.
- Reviews price trends and the relationship between price, quality, end?use application and functionality in the microsphere industry.
- Examines recent advances in technology, newly evolving markets and companies, as well other factors influencing supply.
This report can be purchased from BCC Research.
Report Code:?AVM073A, Published: November 2010, Analyst: Yelena Lipovetskaya